Institute of Theoretical Physics is located in the main building of the Faculty
of Physics and Astronomy, on the fourth and fifth floor. There are offices of the members
of the Institute and lovely lecture rooms.
The Institute is divided into the six divisions:
- Division of Condensed Phase Theory
- Division of Field Theory
- Division of High Energy Physics and Elementary Particles Theory
- Division of Mathematical Physics
- Division of Nonlinear Dynamics and Complex Systems
- Division of Computer Methods in Physics
The Institute offers high-qualified scientific and teaching staff
consisting of scientists. There are nine professors, ten doctors of
science (including six at the post of the professor) as well as a group of
adjoint professors with the Ph.D. title. The institute has also the Ph.D
Activities of the Institute:
- Intensive research in many areas of basics research and mathematical
physics including topics like: quantum groups, quark-gluon plasma,
strings, spin models, supersymmetry, neutrino physics,
dynamical semigroups, quantum computing and entanglement etc.
- Organization of the cyclic international conferences: Karpacz Winter School on
Theoretical Physics, Max Born Seminar.
- High quality teaching in various areas: theoretical physics, mathematics,
computer methods, simulation, programming languages, computer graphics etc.
- Popularization of physics at the primary and secondary school level and for general
audience. One of our members presents on a local TV channel a special programme
devoted to the popularization of science.
For more information consult the Institute of Theoretical Physics home page.